Calculation of player's score in NetHack 3.4
scor-343.html Last edited 2003-12-17 for NetHack 3.4.3
Compiled by Dylan O'Donnell <email@example.com>
HTML Conversion by Kate
Nepveu; HTML re-synchronized 2005-08-29 by Dan Fabulich.
- 4*XP points for each monster killed.
- 10 points for each wand identified by engraving or
- 10 points for each potion identified by quaffing.
- 10 points for each scroll identified by reading.
- 9 points for each squeaky board oiled/greased.
- 4 points for each tripe ration eaten when not a carnivorous
- 4 points for "Yuk, this water tastes awful" from quaffing from
The first oracle of each type:
- Minor (if not yet major): 21 points.
- Minor (if already major): 9 points.
- Major (if not yet minor): 210 + (21 * XL) points.
- Major (if already minor): 90 + (9 * XL) points.
Then at the end of the game:
- 1 point for each zorkmid more than starting gold ( * 90% if
game ended in death).
- 50 * (DL-1) points where DL is the deepest level reached.
- 1000 points for each dungeon level reached beyond 20, to a
maximum of 10000 points.
The score so far is doubled if you ascended. Then, if you
escaped the dungeon or ascended, you receive points for items in
and finally points for adjacent pets equivalent to their total
current hit points.
Corrections and clarifications provided by Andreas Dorn.
Up to the NetHack Page